Finding the perfect Christmas gifts for our students can be difficult. We, as teachers, always try to find gifts that are easy, cost-effective, and memorable. These personalized student Christmas gifts are so easy to make! I found these Plush Long Arm Reindeer on Learn365, and I knew that would be the perfect Christmas gift for my students! Be sure to check out all of the plush stuffed toys that Learn365 has to offer. Each of these can be personalized based on the event, season, or holiday! Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get started!
What You’ll Need
- Plush Long Arm Reindeer
- Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Silhouette CAMEO® 3 Machine
- Silhouette Autoblade
- Clover Mini Iron
- Large Christmas Gift Bag Assortment
- White Tissue Paper Sheets
This post may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Any purchases made through one of our links earns us a small commission, which helps to support the blog so we can continue sharing content like this with you. All views and opinions expressed are purely our own.
Personalized Student Gifts: Name Plush Reindeer
Step One: Adjust Your Design
1. Select the Page Setup Window and adjust your width and height to 12 inches by 12 inches.
2. Measure the area of what you’d like to place your text on. For this project, I chose to place my students names on the front of a Plush Long Arm Reindeer.
3. I found that the best size was around 9 inches tall and 9 inches wide.
4. Resize your design to the dimensions you got from measuring. In order to resize your design, you will select it and then drag in the outer corners.
5. When cutting the design out of heat transfer you have to mirror your design or your words will be backward. In order to mirror your design select your design, right click, and select flip horizontally.
Step Two: Cut Your Design
1. Load your heat transfer material into your machine (If you are using a CAMEO or a Portrait you can load your material in without a cutting mat). You’ll notice Heat Transfer has a shiny plastic side and a matte side. You will want to place the heat transfer in shiny side down.
2. In Studio, select the send tab in the upper right-hand corner. For material select the Heat Transfer, Glitter (depending on which Heat Transfer you are using) cut setting. Adjust your blade to the cut setting and select start.
3. After your machine is done cutting, unload the Heat Transfer from your machine and weed away unnecessary parts of the design.
4. Place your weeded design on your plush reindeer, right side up.
5. Leaving on the clear protective on, iron your design onto your shirt. You may also choose to place a cloth barrier in between the design and the iron. Once the design is cooled peel away the clear plastic.
6. I used a Clover Mini Iron for this project. The size of this iron makes it perfect for ironing on those small designs.
These personalized student Christmas gifts are the perfect gifts that your students will definitely cherish for a lifetime.