Bob Books – Promoting Early Literacy Skills

If you’re anything like me, you’re obsessed with books! Whether it’s children’s books, picture books, emergent readers – you name it, I love it!

Learning to read is such a special time in a child’s life. Bob Books makes it fun and successful! In kindergarten, students learn to read. We first start off by learning the letters, sounds, and then link sounds to form words. I use Bob Books in small groups or one-on-one instruction to focus on alphabetic principle, phonemic awareness, sight words, and much more!

When I start teaching my students how to read, I look for simple books that my students can read with their parents or siblings. I look for books with:

• Just a few words per page
  • Bright and engaging pictures
  • Repetitive text
  • Sight words for children to learn at an easy pace

This is exactly what Bob Books has! Bob Books provides parents, teachers, and students with a variety of box sets to making reading fun, memorable, and rewarding! The colorful, simplistic drawings keep students engaged and keep them wanting more and more. This is why I own about ten sets of Bob Books! They’re seriously that amazing.

The Bob Books First Stories provides children with twelve easy-to-read and humorous books! These books are perfect for emergent readers and make a perfect end of the year teacher gift. The Bob Books First Stories set includes kid-approved (and teacher-approved) stories that progress gently through Guided Reading Levels A, B, and C.

Bob Books were designed to help children achieve early reading success, setting a foundation for a lifetime of strong literacy skills. Whether you’re a teacher or parent, I highly recommend Bob Books. You can buy this amazing set on Amazon.com by Clicking Here!

I’ve partnered up with Bob Books to provide you with an amazing giveaway! By filling out the Rafflecopter below, you can win one FREE Bob Books: First Stories Set.

You can find Bob Books on:

Happy Reading!

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

8 Comment

1. Reply
    Mmmshale
    June 20, 2015 at 1:19 am

Reading is important to me because it opens up the world. I am a before and after-school teacher just outside of Kansas City and will be student teaching in August. I read to my students everyday. I help them reach reading goals, learn sight words, define unknown words, and make important connections. I help them to see that any goal they set in life can be better accomplished with reading. My students do not all have perfect home lives, but books can take them on journeys to escape reality. Reading can help them build the necessary skills to create a new life.

2. Reply
    Tonya Lambert
    June 20, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Reading is important to me not only to gain new information, but as a wonderful way to relax. New ideas and places, mysteries to figure out or humorous stories to become immersed in! Love it!

3. Reply
    Nicole Miller
    June 21, 2015 at 3:36 am

It is so important! It helps us to learn and to enjoy our world!

4. Reply
    Diane Richards
    June 22, 2015 at 12:04 am

Being able to read is important because it opens up a world of experiences you never imagined. It is necessary skill for life and for your safety, too. If you can't read, it is difficult to be independent and really have to trust others to tell you the truth. My mom being a World War II baby and was born after her dad died in combat. Her mom already had a son. Being raised by an aunt and uncle that used my mom to work on their farm and sell vegetables along the road and being raised in an undeveloped country where women are second class citizens and school costs money, my mom never got educated, thus having to rely on others, heavily at times.

5. Reply
    Gallegos Newsletter
    June 22, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Books open the world to you and your kids! I love to read with my grandsons! I means everything to me and it is a way that we have used to bond and spend time together! Reading is where it is at!

6. Reply
    Gloria Wilson
    June 24, 2015 at 2:08 am

Reading opens up a whole new world for those who learn to read. It's important to get a good start

7. Reply
    Twila Claycomb
    June 24, 2015 at 3:53 am

Reading is so much fun

8. Reply
    Laura Kuhlmann
    June 25, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I still remember (wayyyyyy back when) being asked to read aloud in my Kindergarten class, and how proud I was that I had good reading skills. I have my parents to thank for that, as well as instilling in me a life-long love of reading books too!